Thursday, September 7, 2023

Blog Post #1 Sources of Daily News

  Top 5 Sources Of News & Information 

In todays age, if you are not educated on what is happening, this world will pass you right by. Across the globe, everyone relies on networks and certain platforms to deliver unbiased, important content. This generation has been taught since day one that familiarizing yourself with technology and the media is a standard to growing up. News can be found on the television, physical newspapers, social media, and so much more. I have always been someone who is interested in what is happening in our world and staying up to date on the latest events. I feel it is important to have sources that you go to in order to receive the specific information you are looking for. Social media and different websites can be used to obtain information ranging from politics to sports games. This being said, the number once source of information and news in this world is right in the palm of our hands.    

Fox News Channel, a 24-hour news service dedicated to delivering breaking news, political, and business news, is one of the top-watched stations in the country. As of July 2023, Fox News is cable television's most-watched network. Cable television use has been declining for several years now and is still ongoing today. With the persistent decline, news stations also offer mobile apps, websites, and different streaming options. Fox News has a mobile app that can be downloaded, and this is my number one resource for news and information. I can easily turn on the notifications, so when there is a breaking news story it will pop up on my home screen. Also, if I have free time this app offers all of their stories in article format so I can go through and read the top articles for that day, as well as search for any headline that I may want to see. This app is a great resource because they present important headlines, allow you to search for news stories, watch live reports, and even listen in through the app. 

Reuters is a well-known respected news outlet. I identify Reuters as a top five source of mine because it is known for being an unbiased news outlet with a strong focus on clean, accurate reporting. There is a variety of news to browse through. On the website, there are tabs for news regarding World, Business, Markets, Technology, Sports, and so much more. My biggest priority is being educated on different view points of news information because it creates a well-rounded understanding of the world and each other. Reuters is one of the top unbiased outlets and this is an amazing place to look for information because they are focused on the facts and not just opinions. News does not only pertain to politics and that is why Reuters is a great source of information. For example, there are various articles about World news and one of the most recent I've seen is focusing on red carpet styles from the Venice Film Festival. This platform does its best to focus on topics that will reside with everyone.         

Regarding information on recent trends, celebrity updates, and current events, I gravitate towards using social media. Platforms such as Instagram will always be a popular hub for information. I typically use Instagram to keep up with information on my favorite music artists, sponsored athletes, and influencers. On this platform, you can follow the accounts that make the biggest impact on you. For example, I am able to follow artists such as Zach Bryan, and through Instagram I can keep up with new music releases and tour dates. The gym is also a big part of my life and follow many fitness influencers. Through their profiles I can get discount codes for activewear from my favorite brands and stay educated on fitness tips and information. Instagram is helpful in all ranges of information. I like that I can find all of the content that I enjoy in one place. 

As an avid sports fan, I need a platform that will keep me updated and informed on live games, score changes, and player information. All of my closest friends have also been very involved through our childhood and into college. We would always be at football, basketball, lacrosse, and baseball games. Sports have played a roll in developing a lot of my friendships as well as teaching me discipline and other valuable life skills and lessons. Being able to keep up with sports such as the NFL games, is an important aspect of my friendships. ESPN was originally a television channel but is now able to be downloaded as and app. As football season is picking up, the ESPN app is a fantastic and easy way to keep track of your favorite teams. For those fantasy football lovers out there, you can get all of the information you need in one place. 

A source that will be a little harder to find than the rest listed above, is my family. I am from northern New Jersey and so I am currently 10 hours away from my family and everything I know. New Jersey definitely lives up to its stereotype and there is never a dull moment. My family keeps me updated on news and events within my town, as well as the state as a whole. We are very close to New York City and so my parents keep up with what is happening only 45 minutes from where we live. I try to call my parents at least four times a week and they always have a new story for me. Even when I am at school, I do try to watch the news and make sure I am educated on the most recent happenings within our country and world. My parents are one of the best sources of daily news because they make sure to explain everything to me so I don't get confused; there is always a lot to keep up with. My family will always be my top source of news and information because they always make sure to call me when they find out something and educate me on the events before I go and look into it myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post: Technology

 My Relationship With Technology In a world that is ever-changing and expanding, reliance on technology is in an upward trend. The argument ...